Sunday, April 1, 2012

Contrary to popular belief, muffins are NOT horse poop.

Well, I lost my voice at the beginning of this week and it is very difficult to keep my kids under control when I sound like a dying bird. Kelly took me to the clinic on Tuesday and they hooked me up with a ton of Chinese medicines. I have no clue what they are supposed to do, but I was so desperate to feel better that I took them without a second thought. Whatever is in it, my voice came back within the next two days! 

I taught Kitchen this week, which made me the most popular teacher on the floor because I had lots of yummy snacks! It also meant that my kids behaved pretty well the whole week, because they knew if they broke a rule, then they wouldn't get to eat the snack. We made jello, pudding, no-bake cookies, chex-mix, ants on a log and blueberry muffins. I was really excited to make the muffins with them, so I was confused when they all had looks of horror on their faces when I told them we were making them yesterday. They all started yelling "EWW!" and "NOOOO TEECHA!" After extensive questioning and gestures, it turns out that in Chinese "muffin" means 'horse poop.' It took everything I had to not bust up laughing; they thought I was going to make them eat horse poop! 

My kids have decided that name sounds a lot like Chocolately, so they all refer to me as "Teecha Chocolately" now. (They call Bryan "teecha Lion", Erica "teecha America" and Dana "Teecha Danasaur", so it's nice to finally have a nickname.) The younger kids also get a kick out of trying to "eat" me when they see me now, because I am a piece of chocolate. Thankfully no one has actually taken a real bite, but I feel like it's only a matter of time before it happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment